Saturday, February 20, 2010

sunday morning breakfast links, 2/21/10

Two blogs I've recently added to my reader:

Edible Geography - Gorgeous (and information-rich) images, thoughtful commentary on the structure behind how our food is grown, transported, stored, and eaten. Catnip for nerds.
Feeding Little Foodies - This is exactly what I originally wanted to do with this blog, and never got it together.


Food for thought:

How to start a food lit/cookbook book club (The Kitchn) - I kind of want to do this, but I know that's insane.
How the beverage industry is fighting a proposed tax on soda -  Impressive investigative piece from the L.A. Times (h/t Accidental Hedonist)
How a teacher would fix school lunches (Fed Up)

Menu planning? Here are some recipes that use vegetables currently in season (I haven't made any of them but they look good; tell me if you try any!):

Cauliflower and Caramelized Onion Tart (Smitten Kitchen)
Miso Slaw (The Kitchn)
Thai Red Curry with Root Vegetables (Sassy Radish)
Kabocha French Lentil Soup (101 Cookbooks)
Cream Cheese Spread with Beetroot and Horseradish (Nami-Nami) - and much more from the blogosphere's queen of beets

No comments: